Didn't I just say yesterday that we weren't going to do anything today? :P
Poor Rob. He sees how tired I'm getting, so he told me I should have left him at Traurig. :( Absolutely not! He needs to get this treatment.
We found out that Rob's left hand IS fractured. :/ I don't know why that hadn't been followed up on at either UMASS or Gaylord. He has an appointment to see an orthopedic doctor tomorrow morning. Hopefully it's healing well and he won't need surgery or anything like that.
We got bad news about Dr. Padula, the vision specialist. He doesn't take our insurance. So, plan B went into action today. Rob picked out a frame that both his lenses will be put into. We did get a discount, but the total cost for both pair of glasses is $356. :S He'll need to see Dr. Boccuzzi in a month to check the progress his eyes are making. We have some exercises to work on at home to help his vision correct itself, too, but the specialist would have benefitted the process greatly. If we wanted to go to Guilford to see him anyway, we would have been required to pay $650 out of pocket just for the consultation appointment. No thanks! That's almost a month of Rob's Short Term Disability pay, for crying out loud.
Tomorrow, too, Rob has a follow-up appointment in the afternoon at UMASS with the neurosurgeon. So, there's no rest for the weary in sight.
I'm disappointed because today's the 16 year anniversary of the day Rob and I met. I wanted to bake a cake, but haven't had a chance. I'm so tired right now, I don't feel like doing any baking. :(
I am really glad that Rob's getting taken care of, though. I was pretty upset to find out that his hand was fractured this whole time. He complained at both UMASS and Gaylord and it never got followed-up on. I have to say, though, that even Dr. Habashy was reluctant to send Rob for an x-ray. I'm glad we insisted on getting it checked and that Dr. Habashy was willing to give us "peace of mind." Good grief!
Today was filled with running around, phone calls, and more running around. Tomorrow looks like it'll be more of the same. I have my own appointment on Friday afternoon at the eye doctor and now would be a terrible time to be told I can't drive anymore. ((praying that doesn't happen)) I don't know what else will end up on Friday's agenda. Mindy's showing Cyclone on Saturday at the Brooklyn Fair's Open Horse Show. I hope lots of people can go to cheer her on, since Rob and I won't be able to go to yet another of her horse shows this season. She's really excited about the show. She's done really well at her last two. She was second best in show for the day at the RIAHA show, and Reserve Champion in her division at the 4-H show. Both were at the beginning of August.
I'm sure next week will get booked up pretty quickly. There's already a couple things on the calendar, including Rob's appointment with my neurologist. We're also going to a Traumatic Brain Injury Support Group at Day Kimball Hospital next week. I need to start eating Wheaties! :P

first of all....i noticed his hand was swollen at umass. actually both of them were swollen. as for the insurance...you are still covered? for how long? then technically, rob is still an employee of loos for duration and still has insurance. ? you have a long road ahead of you both. i'll be stopping by this weekend to see you both. will call first to make sure it's a good time so please answer the phone!
ReplyDeletei was wondering what day she was showing. i'll be there! 9am right? it's gonna be a gorgeous day for a show.
ReplyDelete