I had a long conference call this afternoon with Rob's treating Team at Traurig. That was difficult on a cell phone, of which I get no service inside our apartment.
Rob had his evaluations today. On a good note, he is processing his emotions and is in touch with how he is feeling. However, I was told that Rob specifically requested antidepressants, expressing extreme sadness over this situation. :(
I felt awful to hear that.
Our "Team" discussion consisted of drilling me about what I would do in certain situations. They asked how far away the nearest hospital is to our house, 'reminded' me that Rob is supposed to have 24-hour supervision by a qualified adult, and we discussed Rob having a trial visit at home this weekend. His Care Coordinator, Margie, told me that Rob's "expecting" me tomorrow. :P Well, then, I will not let him down! Haha!! :)
Anyway, I have to go through a program tomorrow before I can take Rob home to learn how to give him his medications. As if I don't know how to take/give medications! However, they so bluntly stated that Rob "belongs to Traurig" and, since they are ultimately responsible for him, there's protocol to follow. :/ Also, since Rob is demonstrating signs of depression, I was educated on things to watch for, when to go to the emergency room, and when it would be necessary to call 911.
I was also given specific instructions about visitors and taking Rob out. This is the hard part, because I know everyone's going to want to see him when he's home. They told me that it is VERY IMPORTANT that there are as little 'outside stimulations' as possible. At first, they alluded to wanting me not to tell people that Rob would be home. I don't lie, and I'm not going to be secretive all weekend. I hate to say that we're not going to be able to have visitors, but they were pretty strict on this point. His care team says confusion and overstimulation can be very detremental for Rob, which can increase the severity of his depression and could also have negative neurological affects. I was also told we shouldn't go places.
It's interesting to me that we have to live like hermits at home, but at Traurig they have him running around like a chicken with its head cut off. :S
So, the plan is that Rob will be home this weekend. I was assured that I can call at any time if I'm questioning something or if there's an issue. Also, Rob can be brought back to Traurig if it doesn't work out. I'm just really, really sorry that no one else will be able to visit with him while he's home right now. :( Soon enough!

Rob called me just before I left for the meeting this evening. He's definitely planning on me picking him up. :) He told me to borrow someone else's car because he doesn't want me to drive the van all that way anymore. :P
ReplyDeleteI told him that one of the rules of coming home is that we won't be able to entertain guests. He seemed okay with that. I think he's looking forward to a couple days of relaxation away from hospital madness. ;)
Rob has not been in this apartment since he left for work on July 22nd. I can't wait to have him here. <3
i'm sure he'll fight you tooth and nail to bring him back! can't wait to hear how he managed at home. go to a park and get some sunshine this weekend. have a private picnic! you have all been stuck inside for too long. get some vitamin D. it'll help his mood.
ReplyDeleteif he was able to go to the park, then i think he'd be able to have even family visit. dont you think the park falls under the "overstimulation" category? i sure do. read her blog better. says the dont want them going places. The park would be going some place.
ReplyDelete