I was able to bring Rob down to the gymnasium for his OT and PT this afternoon. In between, we had an ice cream and Gatorade in the cafeteria. ;)
OT was okay. Rob was asked to put cards in order for the days of the week and the months of the year. He did a good job with that, but he got very frustrated with the seasons and asked to take a break.
PT was awesome. He was walking around, got in and out of the car, and went up and down stairs. It was great to see him doing so well. The therapist said that when his abilities increase, his PT sessions will go from twice a day to three times a day. She doesn't think it'll be long. :)
His therapy wiped him out. I brought him back to his room and before I could get help getting him to bed, he fell asleep in his chair.
One thing that's starting to happen is the colorful language I was warned about. He's been getting mad at me and definitely swearing more. :S
The therapists would like the kids and me to be actively involved in Rob's sessions. They're trying to help him realize that he can trust us for direction and assistance, and that he shouldn't feel embarrassed if he needs help from us.
I'm quite sure he's down for the count for the rest of the day. :)

gosh, he's really doing good here! every day will be a challenge but it's coming along very well. joan called me today to ask about rob's progress and stated that gaylord is excellent and she has spent many hours there herself with her husband.
ReplyDelete