Saturday, August 7, 2010

Overstimulation

A discussion came up regarding the care that Rob needs in order to heal. I need to reiterate some information I was told a while ago.
Rob has to avoid being overstimulated. This means that he can't be overwhelmed with crowds and should really only have 2 or 3 visitors at a time. I know this can be hard to stick to when people are carpooling to visit, or everyone just happens to show up at or around the same time. Perhaps it would be best if I try to keep a visitor schedule. If you're planning to come to Gaylord to see Rob, try to let me know in advance so that I can do my best to limit the number of people coming at the same time. I can be texted (8604206251) or emailed (anencephalous1@gmail.com).
Also, it's important to speak slowly when talking with Rob. He gets frustrated trying to process a lot of information all at once. Things need to be simple and sometimes need to be rephrased.
Just saying this stuff again because it was brought up again to me this morning. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment