Thursday, August 12, 2010

It's just weird.

I arrived at Gaylord to find Rob sporting a shiny new ankle alarm. It's actually quite annoying. Anytime Rob leaves or enters the hallway his room's in, the thing goes off. Every time I bring him down for therapy or come back from therapy, it goes off. It stinks that we can't just go for walks and stuff anymore without worrying about a nurse having to punch a code into the hall keypad. Rob's already trying to find a way to cut it off. :P
Anyway, they did an eye exam with Rob this morning because of his double vision complaint. I knew exactly what they were talking about when they said he has lag in his right eye. I have lag in my left. Boy - the two of us are quite the pair right now! As usual, his will improve in time while mine will get worse. The awesome thing about me having these issues is I already go to doctors who specialize in neurology, so Rob can go to my doctors. (It's not "awesome" that there's a need for it, though.)
He did much better on the test than I did. LOL I couldn't see a darn thing! I had to stop trying because it was messing with my head.
So basically, Rob can focus okay at a distance, but his vision becomes double when he tries to focus mid-range and close. They recommended that he refrain from reading and other close-up activities because those things cause him to strain and increase the severity of his headaches.
I might have to try to sneak his cell phone away from him. :P

1 comment:

  1. I was just wanting you to know that you are all still in my prayers. Hoping that Jehovah is giving you the strength you need to get through each new day and each new challenge. Love you, sis.

    ReplyDelete