Rob had a busy afternoon! Joel and I were with him just in time to eat lunch together and watch Rob nap. ;) His afternoon OT was scheduled for 1:30, and just as I was getting Rob ready to head to therapy, his supervisor and his wife arrived for a visit. Rob lit right up! It was the first time I'd seen Rob smile in two weeks! :)
OT went well. Everyone was excited to see Rob up and walking around. He was practicing how to make an egg, though they didn't really cook one. He let me know that when I asked if he cooked an egg. His reply was, "No. I took a cold egg and put it into an empty bowl!" :P
Just before Speech Therapy, Rob's brother and sister joined the group. Rob was so happy to have everyone visiting him.
Once ST was finished, all of Rob's company was able to join him in the gymnasium for his final Physical Therapy of the day. His therapist commented on how happy Rob was. She even made note of it in his Memory Book. :) Rob was tired, but he pushed through and it was awesome to see.
His therapists are beginning to formally train me to assist Rob, which is both good and scary at the same time.
Shortly after returning to Rob's room, everyone left, but me and Joel. There was an instant change in Rob's attitude. He was tired and had a headache, though. The nurses wanted him to stay awake until supper. I knew he wasn't going to make it.
We called his mom and dad's house so he could talk to them for a few minutes. Then, there was no stopping the nap.
His supper's been sitting here for about an hour and a half. I want them to save it for him, but they can't much longer because of food safety. The nurse is trying to wake him up to take his vitals, but that's not happening, either.
Rob had a great day today. Maybe he's dreaming about it? ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment