I just want to let everyone know how humbled we are by the outpouring of support our family is receiving. Rob and I have been working on Thank You cards and notes, but he has eight 1/2-hour therapy sessions scattered throughout the day and it's taking longer than I'd hoped to get them completed. I felt it was important to go through everything with Rob and have him involved in expressing our family's gratitude, so I don't want to sit at home writing out our notes by myself. I hope everyone understands. :) I don't want to name specific people because I don't want to embarrass anyone or mistakenly forget to mention someone here on the blog, but every note, card, and gift that's been given to our family have made their way to Rob's room at Gaylord Hospital. There's a lovely bulletin board in his room with everyone's notes and cards posted, and all sorts of pictures! The nurses love checking it out. ;)
Loos & Co. has been amazing. Rob's always known that he works for a great company and really took pride in his job. He can describe a piece of wire rope, but he can't tell you what day it is! :P The uniform he was wearing the night of the accident was a tad shredded, but he insisted that I cut the patches off of it and post them to his bulletin board. So, his Loos & Co., Inc. patch and his "Rob" patch are attached right to the top of the board. Sadly, I had to throw the rest of the shirt away. The pants also had nothing left to them and went missing a while ago. Maybe my mother threw them away??? Someone from Loos can let me know what we owe for the ruined uniform.
Anyway, I was completely speechless when I received the collection Loos took up for our family. It was beyond - way beyond - anything I could have even imagined. I told Rob about it a few times and he grins with that little snicker of his and says, "Wow." (Anyone who knows Rob knows the snicker-grin I'm writing of.) As if the collection wasn't enough, we received an amazing fruit basket I want to make mention of. The children and I have been really enjoying the wonderful fresh fruit. I don't know where the peaches and nectarines came from, but they were the juiciest things I've ever had. Quite embarrassingly, I learned my lesson to grab a towel prior to enjoying them after the first one. :P
My beloved Christian family in Putnam and beyond have also been amazing. I have to say that the majority of the cards hanging on the bulletin board are from the friends. The loving-kindness being extended is heartwarming. Knowing that our family is being prayed for in both personal prayers and in the Congregation, and that Rob's progress is truly cared about by all the friends is a wonderful feeling. Rob's receiving well-wishes from Christians all over the world. In the Apostle Paul's letter to the Romans, he writes under divine inspiration to "persevere in prayer" and "follow the course of hospitality." (Ro. 12:12, 13) My Christian brothers and sisters have been following this admonition with a tremendous display of agape love, for which I am eternally grateful. Interestingly enough, the text to consider for today, August 11th, is John 13:34: "Love one another." The Society's comment brings out that in the Christian congregation, which is identified by the heartfelt love that exists among its members, we have numerous opportunities to honor one another. (John 13:35) So often I see the friends come together to cheerfully give of themselves in one way or another. "Keep doing good, and you will have praise from it." (Ro. 13:3) Our family's most sincere Christian love goes right back out to each and every one of you! :)
Our families and friends have been pillars of strength. Beginning with the night of the accident, when I know I wouldn't have been able to get myself to Rob's bedside in UMASS, our families and friends have been 'the icing on the cake.' I really don't know what else to say. If it weren't for friends, family, and spirituality, I'd probably be doing nothing more than wasting away at Rob's bedside 24/7. Rob also comes 'alive' when he gets a visit or gets to talk on the phone with different friends and family members, which is soulfood for him. Really, it's soulfood for all of us! :)
It's completely evident how well-loved Rob is and our family is. Don't know what we'd do without you all. (((hugs)))


that was beautiful to read hun...i'm glad you took the pictures. rob looks much better than i remember and you all together look happy! you're a wonderful family and deserve the best.
ReplyDelete