I have been formally trained and tested, and Rob's doing well enough now, so his Physical Therapist officially certified me to be able to let Rob walk with me. :) No stairs yet, though.
Tomorrow, she's hoping to clear Rob for unassisted walking in his hospital room.
I was also given some pearls today. Instead of giving Rob commands, he needs to feel like he's making the decision to do something. For example, rather than "sit down", Rob should be asked, "Don't you think you should/Would you like to sit down?"
I got paperwork filled out by a doctor here, which I need for Probate. It outlines the severity of his mental incapacity and it scares the heck out of me. :( Especially the statement that Rob's impulsive, has a decreased sense of safety awareness, and is a high fall risk. :S
I am pretty surprised they certified me to assist him with walking. I do have to say, though, that they taught me how to assist him using my stronger side and discussed with both of us how important it is to respect when my body is not physically capable of assisting him.

Crystal, the training you're getting is wonderful! One more step toward bringing Rob home. :)
ReplyDelete