Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Heather

One of Rob's nurses is a former Gaylord patient. Her name is Heather.
I don't know how long ago, but Heather wrapped her car around a tree and suffered a brain injury. She is missing a piece of her skull and has a large scar around the left side of her head. She needed to have surgery on her brain.
Heather is such a wealth of information. She speaks as a survivor and relates first hand to what Rob's going through. She's so great at explaining things to me. She compares everything that's happening with Rob to what I deal with having MS. Our medications do similar neurological things and we're both going to be experiencing much of the same symptoms.
It really helps a lot to talk with Heather because she's personable, straight forward, and 'real.' She also makes Rob laugh, which I never tire of seeing. ;)

2 comments:

  1. What better person to be helping Rob (and you) heal, than his guardian angel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's great to have someone like that!

    ReplyDelete