Rob is counting the seconds until he can go home. He's been told that the hospital is expecting to discharge him on Friday morning.
However, the therapists are trying to encourage discharge to Traurig House, which Rob's not into at all. The difference would be that, at home, Rob would get 3 days of outpatient therapy each week, whereas Traurig House would provide 5 days of therapy.
I feel torn on the choices. And, of course, things are just becoming more and more stressful on the home front. Bills are out of control. The plans we outlined for my disability money are obviously blown to pieces. It was all stuff we really needed to do. :(
We knew we needed a place to live that's all on one floor because of my limitations, but now there are 2 of us who'd benefit from flat living space. Of course, nothing exists.
Our daughter's horse needs a place to live. It would be awesome if he could live where we do, but we definitely wouldn't be able to find an affordable place with horse accommodations in the state of Connecticut. While I am all for getting the heck out of here, our plan to purchase a truck and trailer will be unfulfilled, therefore posing a pretty big problem with relocating Cyclone.
Rob had big plans of doing a lot more work with his pal, Jeremy. He was hoping to have the truck and an additional utility trailer, plus upgrading the size of our storage unit, so that he could really help Jeremy's business soar. I don't want to let that dream of his die because that is definitely work he can still do. It's not clear whether or not he'll be "sharp" enough to do the job he did at Loos.
I'm wondering if Rob's license will be revoked or suspended. I can't imagine him driving, but I really shouldn't be, either. I've had no choice and it's been stressing me out big time. I finished off 2 bottles of my migraine medicine. I ran out. :( I've got lots of meds to pick up from the pharmacy before it closes tonight.
The way my van's been running, I was thinking of looking into the cottage that can be rented here. I'd love to be able to have the kids with me down here for a couple days. Our dog could come, too, which would be awesome. Rob keeps asking for her. I think it would make the last week here a bit more pleasant for everyone.

well not to sound mean, but I think the bills, new appartment, and car repairs should be first on the priority list. The horse stuff should be last, I understand he is a family pet, and loved as a family memeber, but keeping a roof over everyones head is more important at this point in time. I also feel that if you try finding an appartment, perhaps you should be looking closer to this area, so that Rob's family can help take care of him when things get to overwhelming for you to do. You need to rest and try not to be stressed out over everything, which I know is hard, but all the stress is going to make the MonSter even worse. Let things take their course. You have your family and Rob's family here to help you. The benifit is supposed to be to raise the money to help with the bills. We should be able to raise enough money for them. Take things one day at a time, It will all happen the way it should. I, for one, am so thankful that Rob has made the progress he has so far, Just keep thinking about that when things get tough, At least he IS making progress, and isn't still laying in ICU in a coma. i'm home all day everyday, and I would love to help you with Rob, when he comes home, even if its once a week or so. Keep your head up Crystal, we are all here for you, Rob, and the Kids, and only have your best interest at heart.
ReplyDeleteI look forward each day to reading about Rob's progress. It helps to see how our prayers for you both are being answered. It is encouraging to see Rob get as much as he does out of therapy; at this time of healing. It does seem to give him the skills he needs. I would imagine that Rob is very home sick, and would like to see what his home looks like. I am sure that you two will make the best decision for your family. I am so proud of both my spiritual Brother and Sister for handling things aright!
ReplyDeleteagape bella