I'm just as tired as Rob is, if not more. The difference is that he gets to nap. I had a bunch of things to do this morning before journeying to Gaylord. I didn't make it in time to sit in on his trial outpatient cognitive therapy. I don't know how it went from the therapist's perspective, but Rob said it was "interesting." We have another cognitive group therapy together at 1 pm. I'm required to attend it with him each day this week.
If Rob is accepted to Traurig and agrees to go, my training won't be over. They're estimating he would be a resident of Traurig for two months. During that time, they need to train me to handle situations at home, discuss home revisions and reorganization, and may come to our apartment to take a look at things themselves.
Rob's more pro-Traurig than he's been because everyone's speaking so highly of it. He just hates to hear that I have to continue driving 1 1/2 hours each way for another two months.
I'm not fond of that idea, either. :/ However, the goal is to get Rob ready for community reentry the most effective way possible. I just don't know if I'll be able to handle it, or if I'm going to have to insist on someone else getting the training and Rob moving in with someone else upon community reentry. :(

i agree that another 2 months of therapy will benefit rob. but i don't see why you would have to go everyday. they can work with you on the days you do attend. can't they? the kids can't keep on like this hun for too long and you have the meetings to attend. you would really have to make more time for everyone concerned. i know rob is top priority now but two more months of travel and no sleep is not good for anyone...especially you. at the end of the day...you must be the strength that holds the family together.
ReplyDeleteWell, I will still be required at Gaylord, but not to be with Rob. I was given a schedule of classes I have to attend there to further my training. I will be able to 'pop in' to say hi to Rob over at Traurig, but they plan all activities for each evening of the week.
ReplyDeleteThe one time the children and I will be encouraged to visit for dinner time, is when Rob gets an assigned evening to cook dinner for the residents at the house. If they receive advance notice that we'll be there that night, they will grocery shop accordingly to make sure there's enough food for all eight residents, the staff, and the three of us. :)
I promised him I'd find his chilli recipe.