Rob's been at Gaylord for one day and they've already made sure he moved his bowels, they're treating his dehydration, he got washed up and dressed this morning, and even walked with assistance to the bathroom so he could use the toilet.
The Speech Therapist met with him this morning and okayed him to stop using straws to drink with and discontinued the requirement for mooshed-up food.
The Occupational Therapist came in shortly after Joel and I arrived for our visit today. Rob was pretty confused and not making much sense at all. One of the nurses said it was because he was bound up and dehydrated. I can understand that. And I'm glad they're actively working to make him feel better. :)
Later on in the afternoon, the Physical Therapist worked with Rob a little bit. Again, he wasn't feeling well, so it was a short session. She said that he'll be really getting into his therapy program on Monday down in their gym. She told Rob to enjoy his last day of rest tomorrow. :P
I'm not holding up too well today. It seems like as soon as I relaxed, my body began shutting down. I'm having a hard time talking and swallowing, and a really hard time walking. I probably should've taken my wheelchair today. I hated having to leave Gaylord early this afternoon, but I was fading so quickly I needed to make sure I would be okay for the ride home. I can't eat anything because it feels like I'm swallowing shards of glass. I'm going to head upstairs to lay down for the rest of the evening and make the trek back down to Wallingford to be by my husband tomorrow morning. Goodnight! :)

your ability to hold up has really been worrying me and i knew that you would crash soon with a relapse and exhaustion. be careful hun and take care of yourself during this time while rob is being taken care of at gaylord.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad they addressed his issue of dehydration. I don't understand why UMASS didn't...couldn't they see he was not moving his bowels?!!!! I thought they were supposed to record when he goes, and when not. Well it sure sounds like he is capable hands.
ReplyDeleteNow that you can rest, sounds like your body is telling you that you have no choice in the matter. I hope you are feeling better tomorrow. Diana and I will be gone as of tomorrow until Aug. 14th. I am planning to take my lap top so I can follow your progress blogs. We will be looking forward to visiting him. Will pick up a card while I am away and send him one. My love to you, and you are in my prayers.
I kept feeling the same way as Karen. I thought that something might happen and that you were going to crash. You aren't going to be any help to Rob or your children if you don't rest and take care of your self too. Please take care of yourself and know that you are all in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteI am glad that Gaylord is doing so much more for Rob. Sounds like they really know what they are doing and he will be well taken care of. Love you, sis. (((Hugs))) to you all.