I am now faced with having to decide where my husband's going to live for a while. They're referring me to Mount Sinai at St. Francis Hospital in Hartford, or Spaulding Rehab in Boston. I'm told I'd really only be able to go wherever he is on the weekends. :( It seems like they want me to make this decision pretty quickly and I'm too stressed just trying to think about it.
Naturally, you want to keep him close to home. My MIL is currently in rehab, they literally keep them going all day, not only with physical therapy, but speech and occupational therapy as well. The rest of the time, she's sleeping because she is just so worn out. They're not trying to sound cold and harsh by telling you that. But I do know how this really is a decision you really didn't wish you had to make, ever.
ReplyDelete