Thursday, July 29, 2010

George

It's just a little after 8:30 pm now. Rob's accident was one week ago in about two hours. Mom Comeau and I visited Gaylord today and it just really depressed me. So, I've been sitting at Rob's bedside talking with George. George is assigned to Rob as his one-on-one person until 11pm. He told me not to worry so much about the rehab decision. He said to just get him to the first available place so that he can start to get better as soon as possible. The case manager here had given me a brochure for a place called Fairlawn here in Worcester. George tells me it's a good place. It's the closest place to where we live and I guess insurance arrangements can be made since the other facilities don't have room. Poor George has some personal things going on and I'm hoping our conversation didn't depress him too much. He says this is a reminder that there's always someone worse off than you. I'm thinking that the chain of "worse" has to stop somewhere and it definitely seems like we're the final link. Oh well, George has been good company this evening. I'm sure Rob will be okay once I leave if George is on guard. It's after 11 that I'm worried about. :S

No comments:

Post a Comment