Friday, July 30, 2010

Moving Day?

I was happier to see the one-on-one person was awake when I arrived at UMASS this morning. And to see that Rob's bed was dry. I immediately got him into some comfortable pants and asked him what he wants to do today. He didn't reply right away, but then said, "I still have delayed reaction." He had his french toast and peaches for breakfast, then I received a call from Gaylord Hospital. They have a bed! :) They just need to obtain a No Med Pay letter from Geico in order to get authorization from Anthem for him to move in. The doctor came in to check on Rob and said they were working on getting him somewhere with room, so I let them know. They absolutely agreed that he has to begin aggressive therapy and needs to get out of here. I'm concerned that he hasn't had a bowel movement in over a week. His right foot is warm and red, which concerns me, too. That's the leg with an oozing wound on the knee. The nurse took a look, but didn't say much more than, "That's weird." I helped his PCA get him freshened up for the day and now he's napping. I have all the things he needs to go to the rehabilitation hospital in the van, so I guess today's plan is to wait for the big move. I'm not saying he's definitely going to Gaylord because I've seen how plans change around here. I'll certainly keep the updates coming. Thanks for all the continued support.

1 comment:

  1. My Aunt Debbie used to work at Fairlawn for years, I was going to e-mail her to get some info on the place if you still want me to know let me know.

    ReplyDelete