Sunday, July 25, 2010

Rob's first words!!!

The doctor was able to take him off the ventilator finally. Rob was his typical hard-to-wake-up self, which was getting scary. But for a few moments he was opening his eyes. It didn't seem like he was really focusing on anything, but I was being a nagging wife. Just about yelling at him in frustration, I was able to get Rob to look at me. His sister, Beth, and her boyfriend, Jimmy, were in his room, too. After hours of poking him, yelling at him, and doing everything else we could think of to try to wake him up, I told him I love him while he focused on me...and he said, "I love you, too." I broke down and laid my head on his chest. I think he was rubbing my arm, but I could only think of those wonderful words my husband spoke after not hearing his voice since he left for work Thursday night. I figured I'd go the extra mile and try to get a kiss out of him. I received my first reciprocated kiss from my husband since my world fell apart 3 days ago! He even said "hi" to his sister, Adele, and responded to her "I love you, Rob" with an "I love you, too." Very exciting progress for today! At this point, I don't know if he'll need more scans. They're concerned that he's been completely out of sedation and not really waking up the way he should. Hopefully things will continue positively...and thank God!

7 comments:

  1. This was amazing to watch Crystal!!!! I was soooo happy for you when I heard him say that and saw him give you a kiss. it melted my heart, and just brought tears of joy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and yes he WAS rubbing ur arm when you were crying on his chest!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thatis wounderful!!!! i am so happy for u and your children! i hope he continues to get better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a relief...so glad for a good, uplifting day for you both. i am also glad that his sisters were there to see that! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy to hear this news. I was thinking about you through our meeting today and during the prayer I thought of you and Rob too. This is such wonderful news, and I am so happy that they were the best words you could hear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey hun...I am so glad to hear that Rob appears to be making some progress. I am sorry I wasn't able to respond sooner but i was at the convention when I got the news. May Jehovah continue to strengthen you and your family during this difficult time. If you need anything, please feel free to ask. **hugs**

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! What good news to see this evening! Prayers are with all of you. Rob, keep up the good work for a good recovery. We always knew that you could do it.
    Love,
    Uncle Bill and Auntie Annie

    ReplyDelete