I'm seeing the need to grow tentacles.
Rob is doing all he can to take things off of him. His night nurse was upset with me, saying I was over-stimulating him by touching him and standing at his bedside. I guess the rules are different at night. I'm confused. I guess we're supposed to sit in a chair next to the bed without touching him too much. Anyway, he had to get tied down because I didn't have enough hands to prevent him from just about getting an IV out. He figured out how to maneuver himself to be able to reach things and even began pressing the buttons on the bed so he could raise himself upright to be able to get at things easier. Seriously - I was so stressed out by 9:00 p.m., I had to go home. I hated to leave because I feel like he needs someone in that room with him to keep him from hurting himself, but I made sure the night nurse had him secured before I left.
They have moved him to the "Step Down Unit" in the ICU, so he's in room 13 now. It has a nicer view of Worcester, at least, but it's a longer walk to get to his room.
The nurse asked him who I was and he replied, "My wife." He was asked if he knew where he was and he said, "Gate 2." Is that where he works at Loos? Someone tell me, if you know, please. I'm wondering if he thought they asked him where he works.
At one point, he came out and told me that he was thirsty. That was awesome! :) It's great to hear him say something without being prompted to do so. He finished a small can of ginger ale that was left over from the supper they brought him, burped again, then fell back asleep.
I'm off to try to get some rest myself. That is, if I can get up the stairs to my bed. :S

I have no idea what gate two is it's nothing I know of at work . Stan
ReplyDeleteMy brother-in-law said there's a sign for Gate 2 where they take patients into the hospital. Maybe it's something he could hear them saying when they were transporting him. ???
ReplyDelete