Following up on the lack of information received from my ER visit a couple of weeks ago, I met with my primary care physician this afternoon to see what his opinion is.
I haven't had time to really care about things that were happening to my body. I know I've been forcing myself to keep pressing on while my body was screaming at me to take a break. Isn't that the way it is for women, though? I have children to take care of and educate. I have a husband who needs me to support him as he's recovering. Goodness ~ I even have a dog on antibiotics, looking for love and comfort while she heals.
Now it's my turn and I don't like it. I have too many "turns." Thankfully, it's not the MonSter rearing its ugly head. Turns out, I've been losing a battle against bacteria.
I attribute my susceptibility to the medication I'm on to keep the MonSter at bay. Mix that with a month of being subject to hospital environments and what do I get? An upper respiratory infection, sinus infection, ear infection, and fungal infection in my right hand. :S
Armed with two more medications in my arsenal, I'm ready to continue moving onward. Rob and I will gather the children early tomorrow morning so they can go take care of barn chores while we go to therapies. We'll be declaring our buoyancy from 8 to 9. Getting physical from 10 to 10:45. Then, speaking our minds until 11:30. :)
What has been nice is that Rob has been more involved in the children's homeschooling. I know the kids are enjoying their dad, too.
If you're reading this with disappointment because I've made no mention of Rob's progress, let me provide you happiness by stating that he's doing great. He's been making dinners, taking the dog out to do business, and has even been helping me remember things. He mentioned just this morning that his glasses seem to be getting worse, which probably means his eyes are improving. :) He says he feels as though there's improvement in a few areas, so that's awesome. There is still a long and winding road out yonder, but not impassable. ;) We'll just keep pushing ourselves.
I'm hoping for a piggy-back ride at some point. :P

i am glad to finally hear how you are actually doing hun. not glad to hear how this stress has affected you. you are a big part of rob's progress so we do want to hear how you are doing also. at least now you know what is going on with you and can treat it. ER docs--what do they know? it is good that rob actually sees daylight now and is more involved with the family.
ReplyDeleteHi Crystal-lynn, I've not commented before because I'm sure you must find it hard keeping up with everything anyway. I have been keeping up with the posts though and keeping you all in prayer. I'm glad to hear you are taking some time to think of yourself in this. I'm pleased to hear Rob is continually going forward....now make sure you are not letting yourself go any further backwards. I know myself how hard it is to cope with a severe relapsing illness while acting as carer for someone in a worse situation. Will continue with your in prayer my dear sister and family. love lin and family.
ReplyDelete♥ Thanks (((hugs))) ♥
ReplyDeleteHow are things across the ocean, Lin? I showed Rob the postcards that have been sent and he was surprised to see we received one from England. :)
Been worrying about you, so this is good to hear from you and how you are doing too. Glad that things are going well with Rob too. Keep taking care of yourself, so you can be there for the others in your family. Love and hugs, sis.
ReplyDelete