Rob and I did our first aquatic session this morning. I feel bad that it's a group and Rob's the only male. :/ At least we're doing it together, though.
The instructor kept telling me to keep my pace easy. Rob was doing fantastic! :) He was keeping right up with the anaerobic pace and doing a great job. Toward the end, we used pool noodles and the activity became a bit more intense. Still, Rob kept right up. I tried, but the instructor would almost immediately tell me to keep it at a lower level. :S Rob wasn't feeling any immediate soreness. I don't know if that'll change later this evening or tomorrow, but I was feeling it in my inner thighs and stomach right away. :P
A little later this morning, Rob had Speech Therapy at Day Kimball. He met with Tina today. She'll be working with him throughout his Speech Therapy. She liked Rob's Memory Book, but she noticed that all the writing in it has been done by me to this point. She would like to see Rob making more use of the book and especially using the "Notes" section to jot down symptoms, questions, goals, or whatever he would like to remember to ask someone/tell someone about.
They worked on more of the SCATBI testing. For the most part, Rob did pretty well. There were more complex tasks that were posing a challenge for him, but when he used paper to outline the information, he was able to complete the tasks better. ;)
Rob did write down the ingredients and steps for making chili. We added it to his Memory Book and will hopefully be making it soon. He has been doing fine with cooking burgers and making sandwiches. We can't even try the grill right now because we don't have propane for it. :( I didn't know that. I bought some special burgers that have to be prepared on the grill. I guess we'll have to try to fill the tank soon so we can attempt the grill.

No comments:
Post a Comment