We have not picked the motorcycle up from Troop D yet. Rob decided he didn't want to go yesterday. I don't know when we're going to pick it up. Not that I really want it here anyway.
Gaylord made a suggestion that Rob and I go to counseling together. I've always hated the idea of talking to a stranger about personal problems and issues. I'm more comfortable praying about things and trying to allow myself to throw my burdens upon God so he can work things out his way. (Ps. 55:22) During Rob's Speech Therapy this morning, his therapist was discussing instruction manuals. She was saying that the people who are paid to write the instruction manuals aren't the inventors of the thing they're writing the instructions on, so how can they really know how it works? My thoughts immediately turned to our Creator and the instruction manual he provided for us, the Bible. (Ps. 139:15, 16; 2 Tim. 3:16, 17)
Talk about being provided "food at the proper time!" (Matt. 24:45) The new magazines I recieved yesterday include an article titled, "How Can You Combat Negative Feelings?" and a five-part Bible-based discussion on the "Five Secrets of Contentment." Continued evidence that God knows what we need and when we need it.
Rob and I talked briefly about the suggestion to go to counseling. It might be beneficial to talk about things and get a "professional's" input. I know, however, that God "knows what things you are needing before you ever ask him." (Matt. 6:8) And I have faith that when life's burdens are thrown upon God, he will provide strength to endure and peace of mind. (Phil. 4:6, 7, 13) While counseling may be an outlet, no human can furnish those things. Although sometimes it's a good idea to vent together, and counseling may be a way for each of us to open up about things we may not feel comfortable about bringing up.
I don't know when we're going to get the bike. Our attorney wants to get the accident reconstructionist over here to look at it, so it will need to be soon. I will need added strength to deal with having that thing sitting outside, that's for sure. Thank God I know where to get it! ;)

yes i agree....textbook counseling is not usefull...God knows best.
ReplyDelete