Rob had his Speech Therapy evaluation this morning. It went tremendously well! :) The improvements he's made are remarkable. We're going to need to utilize his Memory Book a bit more and we need to start switching roles to allow Rob to keep track of his appointments and let me know when we have to be somewhere. ;) He can do it! He was passing the SCATBI test with flying colors this morning. His therapist gave him homework, too. When we go back for Speech next Wednesday, he's supposed to bring an outline of two of his favorite meals to cook. He's also supposed to bring his Memory Book so we can be shown how to utilize it more effectively for Rob's specific needs. I'm really looking forward to it.
From Day Kimball, I thought we should take a drive to Loos & Company to say hello and express our thanks in person for everything they've done for us. Sadly, Rob was hoping to catch his supervisor, but we were informed that he took a couple of days off to be with his son who's up from North Carolina on military leave right now. However, Rob was able to see a few people and I'm pretty confident that he brightened a couple of people's day. ;)
Rob's stamina is really improving a lot. We had a few errands to run in the early part of the day and he did really well through all of it. Probably better than I was doing! :P He's also getting back to doing things he used to enjoy, which is wonderful. He's been spending time on his computer in the game room, listening to music, doing his vision exercises by himself. He spent the afternoon yesterday reading this entire blog! :O It amazed him to read everything that was going on. He's been expressing his sorrow for "putting me through this." I took vows and I'm okay with holding up to my end of the bargain. ♥
This afternoon, I left Rob home with Joel. Eeeek! :P It made me nervous at first, but his progress has been incredible. Besides, I only drove to the post office to throw some mail in the box and came right home. ;) There's no doubt in my mind that Rob will have an amazing recovery. He should be a spokesman for helmet awareness or something. Yes, he still has issues, and it's to be expected, but his crash was very serious. The fact that he's only six weeks post-injury and doing this well speaks volumes. I can only imagine how his progress will soar once he gets his glasses. It's going to be so exciting! :)

great news hun♥ i am so happy for all of you!
ReplyDeleteCrys, thank you for continuing to share Rob's progress and the growing closeness of your family. Truly, this experience is one of God's miracles unfolding. May He continue to bless and heal you all. (((Hugs)))
ReplyDeleteAll I can say is AMAZING!
ReplyDelete