Thursday, October 7, 2010

I guess I should apologize...

I try not to let it hurt my feelings when I find out how people really feel. Whatever "BS" some believe has been added to MY blog about MY husband is what I needed in order to cope with a devastating situation. I understand that there are those who can't seem to understand that I, too, needed strength and help in order to endure and cope with, not only what was happening to my husband, but my own disability. In many ways, my blog was my only way to communicate with friends and family while I was working hard at helping, supporting, learning, and comforting my husband in the hospital.
For those who think negatively of me for doing the absolute best I could through everything, I can only say that I'm sorry you feel that way.
There is something about me my husband loves and has loved for over 16 years. Our children are amazing, intelligent, and well-rounded. I'm proud of the way they are being raised and the beautiful people they are.
I suppose there's no longer a need to continue blogging about Rob's progress. There are other means of contacting us for those who wonder how he's doing. In some ways, I'm sorry that I put so much effort into making sure I posted as much as I did about things that were taking place. Especially since through it all I was being labeled negatively and some thought I wasn't providing "real updates".
For those who truly appreciated the blog and went through this journey with me ~ thank you for being genuine. (((hugs))) Thank you for your honest display of loving-kindness.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm sorry people are giving you problems! I enjoy reading your blog since we don't see each other often it's my little "fix" of your family, I think every thing you do is amazing Rob is so lucky to have you, with all you are both struggling with, most "regular" people don't do as much as you, you are my inspiration and hero! I love you lots, don't get discouraged by a few bad apples you are an amazing person with a wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont understand why you would quite blogging for one or two persons negativity.You need to rise above that and if blogging makes you feel good and the majority of people enjoy it than you should continue and to the people that have the"issue" they are the ones that should discontinue reading and unsub but that is just my 2 cents :) I have enjoyed reading. I admit I did not read ever single blog but I did read along. Much love and good luck to you all if you cancel the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crys, I think your creating and maintaining this blog has been incredibly thoughtful in more ways than you can know. Not only have you taken the time to regularly keep everyone up to date on Rob's and the rest of your family's progress, you've also educated your readers about the process one goes through healing from a brain injury in a way that brings the process to life. What a great book your blog would make for those trying to understand what one goes through after suffering a brain injury; similar to the way the book "Still Alice" provides greater understanding for those experiencing the deterioration caused by Alzheimer's.

    For you to be so devoted to keeping us updated while supporting your husband and children through this entire ordeal shows incredible strength on your part. As you've written above, you have nothing to be apologetic for. Your writing reflects your heart's pure intentions. I am sad for those who are blind to the goodness you've found these last few months amidst what could have been total tragedy. Thank you for allowing me to share in this healing miracle that continues to unfold.

    (((Hugs))) ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal-Lynn, I hope that, if blogging has in any way helped you to cope with your extremely difficult situation, you will continue and ignore negativity. I can understand that it must be so hurtful to have even one person 'against you' but believe me there are others who are completely with you. You are in my prayers and my heart, what you are doing is so hard (and so very, very much), you are a wonderful person to even be trying. Much love lin

    ReplyDelete
  5. gosh--what happened here? i can't see how anyone could turn this experience against you -- hope they don't have to experience something like this -- this was a kind-hearted thing you did by keeping those who care informed. i agree with all the above comments. you have been totally unselfish. oh well to those who don't think so....sounds like they are the selfish ones. keep your wonderful chin up--all of your family members--you are so much more classy than those who are negative toward you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. keeping in mind that YOU ARE THE WIFE--there is no need to be answering to ANYONE.

    ReplyDelete